Chocolate Brownie Trifle
What’s decadent and has brownies, pudding, whipped cream, and toffee all over it? Brownie Trifle!
One thing you may have found out about me by now is I like chocolate. Like really like chocolate. If I could choose, I would make chocolate one of the main food groups. I mean come on! It comes from a plant which is practically healthy…right? Right. (I’ll just tell myself that.)
This brownie trifle is a family recipe that my mom has made every Christmas Eve ever since I can remember. Christmas Eve would not be Christmas Eve without my family’s usual Tex-Mex and Brownie Trifle. Ahhh what a lovely combination! Anyways, this brownie trifle might be one of the absolute simplest desserts to make and will be gone and eaten as fast as you can say the word “brownie”. It is the ultimate crowd dessert and people will think you slaved away in the kitchen, when really you can make this AND watch 5 episodes of The Office in the time you would’ve been making some other *time-consuming* *tedious* *grueling* dessert!
The trifle has layers of brownie…….chocolate pudding……cool whip…….and toffee bits….need I say more?
Make this dessert for a party or your family, or your spouse, or yourself. I prefer the “yourself” one. Wherever you bring this trifle, I promise, there will be no other dessert superior to it. You can take my word for it.
Chocolate Brownie Trifle
servings: around 16 | prep time: 10 min (not including brownie cooking) | total time: 2-3 hours (includes chilling time)
- 2 boxes brownie mix (prepared) in 9×13 pan
- 2 packets chocolate pudding mix (prepared)
- 2 8 oz (or 1 16 oz) container Cool Whip (thawed)
- 1 bag toffee candy bits (Skor, Heath, etc.) (crumbled)
- Prepare the brownie mix according to box directions (Or you can make your own, favorite brownie recipe!)
- Bake brownies according to box, then let cool
- Thaw the Cool Whip in the refrigerator or set out room temp. for quicker thawing
- Prepare the chocolate pudding according to box and let set until thickened to regular pudding texture
- Crumble brownie into medium sized chunks
- Time for assembly!
- First layer: add in crumbled brownie chunks to cover bottom
- Second layer: spoon on chocolate pudding to cover brownies
- Third layer: add on cool whip to cover pudding layer
- Fourth layer: Sprinkle on toffee bits
- Repeat layers as many times as will fit and then top with cool whip and finish with sprinkled toffee bits!
- Let cool and set in refrigerator for at least 1 hour then serve!
**It is really good as leftover too, if you even have any leftovers! ;)**